Dimensions: 113.00 m length 17.00 m width. 2.6 m draft
The Five-star Deluxe Steigenberger Omar El Khayam is one of our finest, most spacious and modern vessels in an impressive fleet. Dedicated to cruising Lake Nasser, it entered service in September 2008. Built using advanced construction technology, it is the first of its impressive class to sail the Nile. The Steigenberger Omar El Khayam features 80 cabins (68 cabins, 4 Royal suites and 8 Grand suites) all spacious and luxuriously furnished and equipped with the latest in entertainment systems.
The ship’s main Abu Nawas restaurant will accommodate all passengers at a single sitting serving gourmet class cuisine. Passengers can also take their ease and reflect in the luxurious Bashawat or Mamlouk lounge bars. The SteigenbergerOmar El Khayam has lots of facilities onboard for relaxation and entertainment, many of which can be reached by the vessels own elevator system. These facilities include a billiard roon, a large Sundeck with pool, Jaccuzi and a pool bar in addition to the Cleopatra Spa including Jacuzzi, Health club with a high tech fitness studio and three individual massage rooms.
The Steigenberger Omar El Khayam is among the few ships operating in Lake Nasser with an itinerary that includes a four-night trip from Aswan to Abu Simbel and a three-night trip from Abu Simbel back to Aswan. There’s no better way to experience the sights, sacred places and scenery of ancient Upper Egypt than a voyage aboard the Omar El Khayam.
This luxurious and advanced vessel boasts truly superior accommodation.
- 68 well appointed Double Cabins (24 m²)
- 8 luxurious Grand Suites (35.25 m²)
- 4 magnificent Royal Suites – Malika, Shahrazad, Sultana and Amira (each 70 m²)
The Steigenberger Omar El Khayam offers a choice of six deck levels (accommodation on four decks):
- Level 2 deck houses the main restaurant, 2 Royal Suites and 4 Grand Suites
- Level 3 deck features 18 Double cabins, 2 Royal Suites and 4 Grand Suites as well as housing the lobby & Internet cafe
- Level 4 deck contains 26 Double cabins and a lounge bar.
- Level 5 deck houses the remaining 24 Double cabins and an extensive lounge bar
All cabins have large panoramic sliding windows with a Nile view and private balcony area and each is fully air-conditioned (individually controlled) and furnished with generous closet and wardrobe space. Cabins also feature the following as standard:
- Private W/C, bath tub and hairdryer (Suites also feature a shower)
- Marine Satellite TV with in-house video channels and music system
- In-cabin safe for valuables and mini-bar/fridge
- Full laundry service is available on request
- Guests who book the Suites will also receive a complimentary set of stationery, slippers and luxury bathrobes embroidered with logo.
Dining & Leisure Facilities
Enjoy your meals in style aboard this cruise ship’s main restaurant that prepares the best of local dishes as well as international cuisine dishes. The luxurious lounge bar is the place to be after a day of relaxation at the sun deck. A pool bar and bar service is available in the lobby. Bookings are made on a full-board basis with daily tea time service.
- 24 hours reception
- Internet service (against charge)
- Laundry service (against charge)
- Gift shop
- Beauty saloon (only when docking in Luxor & Aswan)
- Meeting space (when the boat is fully chartered)
- International telephone & fax (against charge)
- Luxurious Lounge
- Two level sun deck with swimming pool
- Fitness Studio